To be recognised by industry, professional bodies and user organisations as the premier representative body for IT Service Management (ITSM) in Australia.
- To provide a forum for our membership to exchange views and share experiences regarding IT Service Management (ITSM).
- To promote awareness, adoption and use of standards and best practices in IT Service Management.
- To lead the continuous improvement of ITSM best practice and standards.
- To contribute to the ongoing improvement of professionalism in the IT industry.
- To provide a range of services and events that provide significant vendor independent support and value to members.
- To be the primary resource of Service Management information and advice that is of benefit to itSMFA members, the ITSM industry and the wider IT community.
- To support and contribute to the continuing development of best practice. The itSMF plays a pivotal role in the development of ISO/IEC 20000 and has a continuing and significant input into the development of ITIL.
- To maintain a broad membership base representative of the ITSM industry.
- To provide resources to build awareness of the Forum so that itSMFA can achieve its goals.
- To take a lead role in influencing all bodies whose decision making processes affect Service Management.
- To support corporate members and their businesses through networking opportunities and other organisations.
- To promote ITSM products and services to an Australian audience.
- To be a successful and valued link in communicating the best practice message to our members, to the ITSM industry, to other businesses and to the wider IT community.